Saturday 2 February 2013

Twin Post with Nuthin' but a Nail Thing!

Today's post is twined with the lovely Claire from Nuthin' but a Nail Thing.  Claire and I have known each other for a few years now and she's the one person I can always rely on to make me feel better about my massive polish stash and obsessive nail painting habit, she's at least as guilt as I am, if not more! :)
 
Before we get on to the twin post pictures head over and see some of Claire's fabulous creations, some of my personal favourites are her Colour Block Nails, these super cute Cupcakes and her Polka Dot Gradient, honestly, the girl has more patience and steadier hands than anyone else I know, serious nails skillz.
 
Now, on to the twin post.  We decided to do a post using the same polish but since we both have rather large collections we struggled to come up with just one polish to use, so to conquer that problem we decided to showcase 3 Kiko polishes which we both have and love, here's how my effort turned out:
 
 
The polishes we used were 336, 279 and 343, all from Kiko:

 
I decided to do a gradient using the three polishes and then stamp over the top.  For the stamping I used the polish from a cheap white nail art pen that I picked up on my travels and a plate from Cheeky's Summer Collection; Ch46, it features Space related designs and I chose what I think look like little molecules as my image.
 
 
I'm pleased with the finished result, the stamp turned out pretty well and I like the contrast of the white over the bold colours of the gradient underneath.
 

 
It's definitely not my neatest ever manicure and I am not really feeling my super short nails but all in all it turned out how I had hoped and I think it was a pretty successful attempt.

 
Head over and see what Claire decided to do with the polishes here: Nuthin but a Nail Thing!

1 comment: