Friday 22 February 2013

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine in Lychee

I couldn't resist trying out one of the new Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine polishes I got the other day and the obvious choice for me was Lychee.  The palest, nude shade of the collection. 
 
 
It's a beautiful soft caramel-y nude sort of shade, almost like a cream but not quite.

 
These pictures show 3 coats and as you can see it seems to change colour depending on the light, sometimes it's very cool and almost like putty and other times it has a warmer caramel camel sort of shade.

 
The polish applies nicely and, as with all the Gelly Hi-Shine polishes, the finish is a nice juicy looking gel type.  I still use top coat with these polishes but they do look totally wearable and shiny even without.

 
I really love this polish, for all I am a fan of glitter and bling and bright colours I don't think you can beat a really good nude and for me Lychee is a really good nude.

 
It's subtle without being boring and the fact that it seems to shift colours slightly in different lights meant I kept wanting to take photos of it all day, as you can tell from the (already highly edited) collection I've included with this post. :)


2 comments:

  1. How gorgeous is this colour! <3 I've just put it on too, maybe going to try some arty stuff over the top of it later. It's so beautiful, everyone should buy it! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just done a French review on it! I really love it, great shade, very glossy. The perfect nude polish!

    ReplyDelete