Monday 4 February 2013

Naturally Radiant Brightening Hot Cloth Cleanser

I picked this up in Superdrug recently, on offer at half price meaning it was only £2.99.  I'm looking for a budget replacement for my Cleanse and Polish and this has been touted online as one very budget friendly option.
 
The pack includes a muslin cloth to remove the cleanser with as well as the cleanser itself.
 
 
Initial signs are good; the cleanser is a nice thick, creamy consistency and smells great.  The cloth which comes with the pack seems very similar to the ones I have from Liz Earle and the general feel of the product is not too far from Cleanse and Polish at all.  After using it a few times I have found the cloth is quite a bit rougher than the LE ones I have, not necessarily a major down side but you can feel the difference in quality, the Superdrug cloth seems a little thinner and definitely slightly more scratchy on my face.
 
It certainly seems to do a good job of removing make up and cleansing my face, the one thing I did notice was that after I had used it my skin did feel a tiny bit tight and like I needed to put moisturiser on, often with Cleanse and Polish I almost forget to moisturise as my skin feels so nice and elastic right out of the shower.  That is really the main difference I have found with these products other than the slightly rougher cloth.

 
If money were no object would I swap to this from Cleanse and Polish?  Probably not, they're similar products with the Superdrug version being a tiny bit less brilliant for me whereas Cleanse and Polish really does tick all the boxes.  Is it a great budget beauty item that I will continue to use and might buy again?  Definitely, for the price this is a great cleanser and being reminded that you should apply a moisturiser after washing your face is no great downside, and it really does smell delicious.
 
So if you're in the market for a hot cloth cleanser and don't want to stretch to Liz Earle prices then this is a great little alternative to try out the technique and see if it's something you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment