Saturday 16 February 2013

OPI Black Spotted FAIL

Last time I posted about OPI Black Spotted I wasn't 100% sold on it, and this time is no better, if anything I am less impressed.
 
 
This time I applied it over China Glaze It's a Trap-eze which I thought might be an interesting base with a good colour contrast, in reality I think it just looks messy and like chipped black. 

 
My coats were probably too thick which doesn't help but I am really not feeling the effect this time at all, it's quite a hard polish to work with - you really need to use very, very thin coats - and I think because it's been so long since I last used it I'd forgotten how thin they needed to be.
 
Another issue with it is that it seems to wear really fast at the tips, it doesn't have much staying power at all.  This manicure only lasted a day before I was not only bored of it but it had started to chip off and wear heavily at the tips.

 
Looks like I still need a good bit of practice with Black Spotted!  Have you tried it?  How do you find it, any application tips?

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how I missed this post. OMG, you know I am seriously thinking of eBaying mine. I just don't like it! I actually tried it the other week over a Lush Lacquer glitter and it was so utterly ming I didn't even photograph it :lol:

    What were we thinking? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I blame Ruth! I wonder if they are still selling for stupid prices on eBay, maybe we should both offload them. :D

      Delete