Sunday 29 September 2013

Granny Shawl Finished!

I finished the fringing on my granny shawl so it's ready for it's big reveal and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, although the photos leave a lot to be desired.
 
 
It's super cosy and I don't think it looks too homemade to give as a Christmas gift (this has to be the earliest EVER I have had a Christmas gift ready).

 
It does a bit of a strange scooping in and under at the bottom corner but it actually sort of works in that it makes the shawl hug around your bottom a bit which makes it fit nicely when you're wearing it so I am going to pretend it's meant to be that way.

 
I'm tempted to make another one as it crocheted up nice and fast (only took about 2 weeks of on off work) but I don't know if I can give every female in my life a shawl for Christmas, I might have to start thinking of something else to work on.

1 comment:

  1. That's lovely! Love the colours you've used as well - what a gorgeous gift :)

    ReplyDelete