Friday 27 September 2013

Fantastic Fantasy Fire

Somehow I manage to forget how much I love this polish so I don't wear it half as much as I should.  When it was released Fantasy Fire sold out pretty much everywhere as it was considered to be a pretty good dupe for the mythical Clarins 230 (you can Google it if you don't already know what it is but if you're reading a nail blog I suspect you do).

While it's not an exact copy of 230 it's close enough for me and an utterly gorgeous colour shifting duochrome polish.  These pictures are two coats over Barry M Gelly Hi Shine in Blackberry (which I believe is now called Plum, the dark purple from the initial collection either way).

Outdoors in natural light it's a pretty dark purple colour with a bit of reddish sparkle to it.


But where it really comes into it's own is under bright artificial lights where you can really see the bronze ad gold tones.


Or under dimmer artificial light where it shifts through red, orange, gold to green and back.


This, to me, is where you get the real wow factor of the polish


In very bright artificial light you can see the really bright purple of the base colour, you could probably get this effect by layering it up on it's own but who has time for enough coats of a sheer polish like Fantasy Fire to dry?  Not me, so I generally use a base (it's also gorgeous over black, dark blue or dark green, and I want to try red too)


I really love this polish, it's hard to show in pictures how much it glows and sparkles in real life and the best thing is that it looks good, and different, in all sorts of lights so you'll never get bored with it.  For me it's definitely a desert island polish.


4 comments:

  1. I have been thinking of revisiting this over last few days, it is my polish nemesis. I think we may be about 10months on rom my last attempt so it could be time.... how do you get such a smooth result from the stumpy horrible brush????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a great brush, is it? I find it helps to have quite a lot of polish on the brush, so you don't get drag marks or run out as you cover your full nail and then at least two coats of top coat to smooth it all out seems to help too. It's such a gorgeous polish I can forgive the crappy brush. :D

      Delete
  2. I forgot how amazing this polish looks! Will have to dig out my bottle :) Your photos are perfect, they show the polish spectacularly...something that can be tricky with a polish like fantasy fire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! I don't think my photos quite do it justice, it's even prettier in person. :)

      Delete