Friday 29 March 2013

W7 Suede Effects - Pink, Mauve & Aqua Suede

Today I am testing out the remainder of the W7 polishes I bought recently, you can see all of them here, I've previously posted about Night Suede and how I wasn't very impressed with the way the polish wore, although I did love the colour and application.

Today I have on the Pink, Mauve and Aqua Suedes.  This time I made sure I wrapped the tips of each nail to try and stop the horrible tip wear which I got with Night Suede.

 
Again, I love the colours and the application.  The polish goes on so smoothly, is totally opaque in one coat (although I did two) and dries super fast.  Each colour has a vivid base shade shot through with tiny silvery particles which make it seem both matte and yet shimmery at the same time, they give an almost foil effect to the colours.
 
Unfortunately these three are just as bad for tip wear and chipping as Night Suede is, even after wrapping my tips wear started to show fairly quickly.

 
Although this time I did manage to get pictures before it happened, sadly by the end of the working day typing had taken it's toll and there was obvious tip wear, along with a few chips.

 
I will definitely wear these polishes again because I love the colours but wrapping the tips and remembering that they will only last for a day is essential, the wear time on these is frankly RUBBISH which is such a shame as the formula and colours are great.
 
Hopefully they will all stamp nicely and I can use them for that, I'm also going to try them with a top coat and see what they look like un-mattified.
 
Have you tried any of these polishes?  How do you find the wear time?

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow!!! The pink one looks amazing :) I wonder if a matte top coat would help with limiting the tip wear? Your swatches are amazing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I need to try a matte top coat and see if that helps, I do love the effect so it would be nice if they would last more than a day. :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the info on the wear of these. I bought the Aqua and Mauve from my local market stall a couple of weeks ago, but haven't tried them yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried them again with the addition of a matte topcoat and that seemed to help a bit so it might be worth doing that when you try yours, if you have a matte top coat.

      Delete
  3. Well, I don't like to wear the same mani for several days, so I couldn't care less about wear time to be honest. I have Mauve suede on right now, without top coat and I love it! I disagree with just one coat needed (bald spots in the first layer for sure!), in fact I used three rather thick coats (I gueass I like a lot of layers of polish on my nails). The colours are gorgeous and I decided to pick up the other shades too... ;-). Tipwear isn't that bad, I'm a secretary and I must say my nails still look awesome after several hours of typing. Maybe because of the thick layers??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I'm the same, I change my polish every day although I do find it frustrating to paint my nails, go to bed and then waken up with tip wear having done nothing! :)

      I'll maybe try and apply it thicker next time and see if that helps, although then I will get annoyed at them taking too long to dry. I do agree about the colours, they're so pretty!

      Delete