Thursday 14 November 2013

Maybelline Brocades - Knitted Gold

Maybelline in the US have a page on their website about these polishes but as far as I can tell we only get 4 in the UK and they seem to have different names. :)
 
I picked up two, the first of which I have to show you today, Knitted Gold.
 
 
First up, this polish was a bugger to photograph, it's so foily and shiny that it's almost impossible to get a decent picture of it, I'll forgive Maybelline this though as the impossible to photograph foil finish is gorgeous on your nails; super, super sparkly and foil like this is definitely the sort of polish I will be bringing out around the festive season.

 
These pictures are three thin coats and it covers pretty well for a glitter polish, the polish is made up of a sheer base crammed full of minuscule golden glitter particles and two sizes of larger pink hex glitter.  Application was pretty easy, it goes on nicely and doesn't require too many coats.

 
I added a couple of layers of top coat to fully smooth it out.  The wear time is pretty good, I have one annoying chip on my index finger but other than that it seems to have held up pretty well which isn't always the case with glitter formulas.
 
All in a very pretty polish and super sparkly, ideal for festive parties.

7 comments:

  1. I do like this polish! as you say great for the festive season.shame we only get 4 shades in the uk.might go hunt for them on Ebay lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw these in Superdrug and fancied two of them. So tempted now looking at your photots! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so gorgeous on your nails! My pictures aren't as good but would love you to check out the little combination I used in my look on my blog. Its at:
    www.rainbowsandblossoms.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, where in the UK did you find these? I've looked on Boots and Superdrug websites today and can't find the Brocade range.
    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't seem to be online for some reason, which is odd. I got the first two, this one and the silver, in Boots and then I bought the red one yesterday in Superdrug, so both stores do definitely have them although not online.

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much! I will look in town tomorrow as this one will go perfectly with my gold sparkly top for the work Christmas party! Loving your blog - I discovered it today and signed up to follow more of your beautiful creations. Thanks x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! It's such a pretty polish, I'm sure you'll love it, it's ideal for Christmas.

      Delete