Tuesday 28 August 2012

Sally Hansen - Lapis Amethyst

Today I have another of the incredible Nail Prisms by Sally Hansen, Lapis Amethyst, to show you.  I think I missed a trick by layering this over a Kiko blue cream (341, fact fans) rather than a black polish, or maybe even a lilac as most of the duochrome has been sucked out of the polish. 
 
In certain lights I can see my nails shifting through various blues and turquoises to a lilac sheen but unfortunately in the pictures you just get lots of different angles of the main blue colour.


You can almost see the lilac here, just, maybe, if you squint hard...





As with many of the Nail Prisms, there seem to be a couple of versions of this polish, from what I can tell mine is the darker more blue shade, you can see the bottle shots here on NailXchanges excellent page about the Prisms Collection.
 
Next time I wear this polish I think I'll change the base colour, I'm also quite keen to test it beside a couple of the Models Own Beetlejuice collection as I think there might be an almost dupe there somewhere.
 
For now I will admire my pretty turquoise shimmery nails and try and decide what to stamp on them later, since I am incapable of leaving plain polish alone for any more than a day or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment