Sunday 23 February 2014

Models Own - HyperGel - Naked Glow

The penultimate swatch from the HyperGel collection today (only the white left after this post!), this time Naked Glow, the nude shade of the bunch.  Unfortunately these aren't great photos.
 
I decided to wear Naked Glow while I was away for the weekend to see how well it lasted, I've been changing the HyperGels pretty much daily as I've been testing them out so most of them haven't had more than 24 hours wear, since I was going to be away for a couple of days it seemed like a good opportunity to test wear.
 
I painted my nails late on Thursday evening, these pictures are taken early Saturday afternoon (so less than 48 hours after painting) and as you can see the polish didn't last well.
 
 
As well as a bit of tip wear the polish has cracked quite badly in several places - the corner of my index finger and right across the tip of my middle finger - I don't know if the cracks are down to the polish's thick formula or that fact that you do end up with thicker layers than you might with a regular polish but whatever the cause it was rather infuriating and also happened to my friend who had one of the blues from the collection on at the same time.

 
As well as the cracks the polish also seemed to discolour a bit, the tips took on a short of yellow colour (which you can kind of see in the photo below, but was more apparently in real life), the discolouration was actually more unpleasant than the cracking as it made my nails look dirty and stained which is not what anyone wants, particularly not if you've chosen a chic nude polish!

 
Naked Glow WAS a nice colour when first applied but it's hard to positively review a polish which ends up looking stained and cracked in less than two days.  I like to change my polish almost daily but a regular polish user would really hope to get more than a couple of days from a manicure particularly one with a polish which claimed to be gel like and long lasting!
 
There are loads of other nude shades on the market so I definitely wouldn't be recommending Naked Glow as a first choice for a nude if you're looking for one, yes, it's a nice colour but the wear time and less than simple application of this range mean that it's probably best to pass it up.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment