Thursday 27 February 2014

Maybelline Color Show - Street Artist Top Coat

I saw this new, to me, range in Superdrug the other day on offer - buy one get one half price - and couldn't resist picking up a couple.  I chose White Splatter and Alley Attitude.
 
 
Today I have pictures of White Splatter, the polish on the left.  It's a clear base full of different sized and shaped glitter.  There are various sizes of hexagonal glitter, some long strands and some tiny tiny pieces which look like glitter specks.  The colours are a mix of purple, blue, green and white.  I decided to try it out over a light purple base (Kiko 331).
 
 
These pictures show just one coat which I think you'll agree gave great coverage.  Although you have to dab the glitter on rather than brush it on like you would a regular polish one dip into the bottle and dab on the nail leaves you with tonnes of sparkly pieces on the nail.

 
You could probably build up a few layers for a more 3D glitter look but I think it's rather lovely with just the one coat, it definitely lives up to it's graffiti name, to me it looks like paint splatters on the nail, I can't wait to try it out over other base colours too.


1 comment:

  1. These look really cool, all the reviews of these top coats make me want to get them even more! If they are on offer I might just do that.... :) p.s. brilliant swatches.

    ReplyDelete