Tuesday 25 June 2013

Even More Stamping with Barry M Gelly Hi Shine Nail Paint.

Having looked at my two previous posts about stamping with the Barry M Gelly Hi Shines; HERE and HERE, I seemed to have missed a trick, I should really have used the same stamp again to make the comparisons all match nicely. 
Sadly I didn't think of that so you're getting a different stamp instead.  A rather poorly executed stamp at that, for some reason my stamping skills weren't really up to scratch last night so the stamping here is rather messy but I think it shows off the colours pretty well so up go the pictures.

This stamping is done with the new Summer 2013 releases from the Barry M Gelly Hi Shine collection.  Key Lime - the lime green, Guava - the turquoise, Blue Grape - the blue, Mango - the orange and Passion Fruit - the pink leaning red.


As with the majority of the other Hi Shines these polishes stamp beautifully, bright vibrant colours which are easy to work with and apply nicely to the nail.


There are some great additions this time round, leaving plenty of opportunities for ombre looks when they're combined with the rest of the Hi Shine collection.


As stamping polishes go you can't go far wrong with these; they are easy to work with, reasonably priced and readily available.  Although some of the lighter shades from the range might not work too well over darker polishes they are perfect over a lighter or white base and the growing number in the collection mean that you'll never be stuck for colour choice when it comes to a stamping manicure, AND they are beautiful on their own just worn as regular polish; win / win!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, I have been looking through our blog and as a new stamper I was in awe of some of your nail designs!!

    Having read about the Barry m hi shines for stamping I trundled off to boots and got Greenberry and prickly pear but have to say I am disappointed with trying to stamp with them. They seem quite watery and I can't get a full image. Do you have any tips?..
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Some of the Gellys are better than others, generally the darker the colour the better they stamp, so sadly Prickly Pear is one of the worst, I find. The darker shades work really well for me without any special treatment, I do make sure they've had a good shake up but that's about it. Prickly Pear and Greenberry do stamp for me but it needs to be over a pale (ideally white) base for them to show well.

      What kind of stamper are you using? That and the scraper might make a bit of a difference, although if you are only having issues with the Gellys it's probably not your stamper / scraper.

      Delete