Monday 3 September 2012

Camouflage Nails

 
 
I decided to try this look after a friend's son asked to see some Camouflage nails.  I did a quick Google for inspiration and decided it should be simple enough so gave it a go.
 
I think the most important part of this look is choosing the right colours, obviously camouflage colours vary depending on environment and who is wearing them but there is a general look and set of colours which seem most common so I decided to stick with them for my first attempt.
 
I originally chose 4 polishes but after applying the first three I though it was best to stop, here's what I used:
 

Kiko 349, Kiko 347, No7 Beanie 20 and Bourjois Noir de Chine 17 which didn't make the cut.

First I applied the lightest shade, Kiko 349, all over my nails then I used a dotting tool to add random blobs of Kiko 347 over the top, it's surprisingly hard to get blobs to look totally random, I found.
 
 
Next I added No7 Beanie over the top, some of the blobs I overlapped others I just put beside the darker green shade, again, it seemed hard to make it look random and stop myself making a pattern.
 
 
At this stage I was going to add further black blobs on top but I decided it might be a step too far and rather than ruin the effect I had already created I decided to go with a 'less is more' mantra and just tidy up what I had so far.
 
Here are some final picture, post clean up:
 
 
 
 
 
 
Overall I'm pretty pleased with how this turned out, I quite fancy trying the blue version at some point, despite not really knowing why or where you would use blue camouflage material.
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Thank you! You should try them, once you get over the not making patterns they're pretty easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to say that Noah absolutely LOVES these. He asked me to do his for school this week; I explained that I don't have the polish so he settled for silver.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless him! I'm glad he liked them. Now you know what to put on your shopping list for when you next buy polish; camouflage colours. ;)

      Delete
  3. These look awesome! I think blue camo would be nice too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to try that next, I really liked how these ones turned out but I think I'd prefer other colours.

      Delete
  4. Love these very clever, May have to try these ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, definitely branch out with other colors if you like them. Leopards and zebras don't really come in hot pink and purple, but that sure doesn't stop us from multi-colored animal prints everywhere. Their patterns are their camouflage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point! Maybe I'll do pink and purple camo next! ;)

      Delete