Wednesday 11 April 2012

Neon Nails!

I decided to give a gradient manicure a shot, so after painting my nails with white nail polish to provide a base I used a make up sponge to add different shades of neon polish from  collection of Primark nail polish that I bought recently.


 I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out:



The gradient isn't quite as seamless as I would have liked but I think the general effect is pretty good and I'll definitely be trying it with other colours in the future:


I'm also looking forward to trying these polishes on their own as they are very bright and have a lovely glittery shimmer through them.  I think they definitely benefit from the white base layer to make them show up better.


The one downside of this sort of manicure?  The length of time it took me to get the polish off my fingers and cuticles after the sponging, it was a pretty long job!

No comments:

Post a Comment