Saturday 1 December 2012

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine in Blood Orange

A nice festive red to kick off December, my month of festive manciures! 
 
This is Barry M Blood Orange, which I think is a bit of an odd name for a polish which is clearly very red - although I know blood oranges are red too, the 'orange' bit just seems a bit confusing, anyway...  It's another of the Gelly Hi-Shine polishes and it's lovely.
 
I actually bought this polish for stamping, can't very well enter December and not have an excellent red stamping polish, can I?  But then I decided to try it out on it's own and here are the results:
 
 


It's another super glossy, jelly like finish and it applied beautifully.  Although these claim to be one coat polishes I did two to make sure it was fully opaque.

 
These next pictures are a bit rubbish clarity wise but I quite liked the effect, which I got by accident after pawing my phone while wearing hand cream, they're very 'soft focus':
 

 
There isn't much to say about this polish, it's not a new or exciting colour but it's a nice red, applies well and has a lovely shiny finish, so if you're in the market for something like that then I would definitely pick it up.  I'm just keeping my fingers crossed it stamps as well as the others in the range, if it does it should get a good deal of wear over the next month or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment