Wednesday 11 November 2009

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils

My new obsession! Obviously, I chose something awkward to obsess about, it wouldn't be so much fun otherwise.

NYX is a very well regarded drug store brand in the states, known for being good quality, great colours and very reasonably priced. Although NYX products are available on a couple of UK sites, they are much more expensive and generally less easy to get hold of here than they are in their native land.

The JEPs come in a fantastic choice of colours, so obviously I was powerless to resist to urge to track them down and try them out for myself:



Anyway, a little more information; the jumbo pencils, are, as the name suggests, big chunky pencils for your eyes. They can be worn either as liner or shadow but what I want them for is to use as a base. They're well talked about online as a perfect, and cheaper, alternative to MAC Shadesticks. For those who don't already know, Shadesticks, as well as being great to wear alone, are a perfect base to show off your eye shadow colour and make it really pop. They are also an ideal base for glitter or shimmer powders and pigments which need something to stick to.

So, I tracked down a seller on eBay who will send 10 JEPs over here for $20 plus $6 shipping, queue much excitement! UK sites are charging £6 each. Now it's just fingers crossed to see if they turn up, and how soon. In the meantime, have a look at the colours I am waiting for!


Next NYX update should be when I get them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment